Friday, June 4, 2010

Almost there!

Well after a rocky start we made it to Europe. Both flights so far have been pretty decent. One downside of having to rebook our Toronto to London flight to the morning of the 4th was that I was planning on sleeping through the entire flight, but instead I was up the entire flight. But there is always a silver lining, the nice thing about long international flights is that you usually have your own personal T.V. and I finally caught up on some "chick flicks" that a certain husband of mine refuses to watch with me! We had only a short layover in London, so we didn't make it into town to sight-see as we had planned, but I think perhaps that was for the best, there is always next time!

The flight to Cairo was only about 5 hours but since we were in business class for this flight we were both able to get a solid 2-3 hours of sleep, not much, but I'll take it. International travel is such a bizarre thing. I don't know whether to be tired or awake and I don't know whether I should be eating breakfast, lunch, or dinner, so I just try to sleep when its dark and eat what they bring me and trust that my body will catch up with me.

We are looking forward to reaching our final destination and meeting up with Sue and Grandad to commence our tour of Turkey and Greece, but first a few hours to kill in the Cairo airport....thank goodness for our Presidents Club membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment